What kind of a name is this?

This totally pointless collects all sorts of hilarious sounding names some Chinese have - not their given birth names, of course, but names they find so "unique" and "special" that they chose to add to their original names.


These names are not made up by us for fun. They really do exist! We have either met these people, or have at least seen their names printed somewhere. These people seriously do ask to be addressed by these names.


These are not people who have a Latin father or a German mother, which explains some of the "exotic" names, but they are pure blood Chinese. And this happens most often in countries such as China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Malaysia and Singapore. Read on and you'll know what we mean.


So enjoy, and laugh till you drop. We also welcome new addition should you come across any yourself and would like to share. You're welcome to vote for your the best [worst] or funniest names. Just click on the comment button :D




Monday, May 10, 2010

Hilarious names used by Chinese female

Here are the girls' names. My downstairs neighbour came checking to see if I'm ok because I was laughing and rolling on the floor; this was when I typed Titfanny.

A
Agnest Chan
Agnust Choong
Airry Yong
Aivene Cheong
Alaula Yew (sounds like a Chinese way of saying Arora?)
Alvis Tan
Ameny Wong
Ankey So
Anrie Too
Apple Kang
Apryl Chin
Aries Lim
Aundruea Yeo

B
Banana Chen
Blanky Tu
Buffy Tay (only thing she slays is my sanity)

C
Candle Tay
Candles Ling (I got more candles than 1, I win)
Carence Chuah
Cash Ling
Cayman Choi
Celynn Yong
Coniec Chin
Cosine Soo

D
Desrina Goh 
E
Eky Yap (reminds me of a hiccup)
Eowyn Kong (can't be an elf, must be "inspired" by the movie)
Erony Tiong
Euena Kong
Euracial Leng (WHAT?)

F
Fish Yee (Must be related to Tuna Lam)
Flonz Lim
Foyer Li (you GOTTA be kidding...)

G
Galley Chiam
Gureisu Chiang

H

I

J
Japhine Tan
Jasphine Lim
Jazilyn Chia
Jezzs Tang
Jintana Ting
Jobina Lim

K
Karis Loh
Kinki Song (HAHAHAHAHAHA!)

L
Libra Xing (cousin of Aries Lim I'm guessing)

M
Marchigal Chia
Maybeline Teo (Wonder how much they paid her for advertising)
Mitscy Liew

N
Nette Chuah

O
Odessa Goh
Osmanthus Tan

P
Patsda Yan (errm.. rhymes with Mazda or pasta?)
Pheryns Tan
Porsche Puah
Purdey Chan

Q
Qriscilla Yap
Quintina Leung

R
Rileen Teh

S

T
Tarynz Tan
Titfany Chan (Tit + Fanny, hmmm...)
Tuna Lam (Salmon's cousin)
Twinkle Sin (what can I say...)

U

V
Vanness Wu (I know there is a Dutch surname Van Ness...)
Viollin Koh
Virasoy Tham

W
Winky Liu

X

Y
Yenysl Lee (need tutorial on the pronunciation)

Z

1 comment:

  1. My name exist as it was given by my family. It is printed in my travel docs as well. What's wrong with it?

    ReplyDelete